Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Gratitude.

Whew, these past weeks have been challenging for this mama! I have been so overwhelmed with, well, not having any clue what I am doing most of the time that it had become somewhat consuming. I am a bit "type A" in some ways and I really like knowing what comes next. However, babies are not books, they are people!! And Moses needs shepherding, not just a great sleep plan.
These past weeks have humbled me and filled my heart with gratitude as well. I am so grateful for Sarah, Meg, Ruth, Stacey and all the other mama's who have prayed for me, scheduled, planned, and brainstormed with me. One of the wonderful things I have discovered about motherhood is that there is always someone ready and willing to help. And I am so very grateful!

Titus 2:3-5 3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Hi! I'm behind on blogs. Just catching up and if you've read mine recently, you'll know I'm kind of in the same boat-don't want to wish this time away, but it is definitely hard. Just wanted to tell you that the schedule/sleeping thing is kinda sticky until about 6 months (at least it has been for me). In that, I mean it does change constantly. It always seems by the time we get to 6 mo. there is a pretty clear morning and afternoon nap and it stays that way for at least 6 mo., probably longer. It sounds like you've had a lot of helpful advice, so you can take my advice or toss it! But I can't resist this whole topic, mainly because I'm right there with ya!

Motherhood is hard and my sister and I were recently talking about how you think of everything in terms of "before becoming a mom-or after". Everything just changes completely and you can't ever go back. (Not that you would even want to, but it just changes you so very much)

Lorena said...

Hope things continue to work out for you with sleeping. If it weren't for Sarah I'd probably still be getting up at night with Keely. She really helped me out, now I don't know what I'd do without our routine, it's wonderful! Stick with it and you and Mo will find your groove :)

Sarah said...

Isn't it amazing, the friendships that materialize, all from the common thread of motherhood? We are all grateful for those that have gone before us!

Just give it another couple of months and you'll be on a more level playing field. Ann is right. 6 months is golden. :)

Thankful for you too and that the Lord has provided for us to navigate the facets of marriage, motherhood, and homekeeping together! Love you girl!