Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Garden.

A week?! It's been a week?!! My, my, I bet the 2.5 people that read this blog are just sitting on pins and needles waiting to know what has happened with the garden and wondering if Kat is still sitting in front of the window.
She's not.
Life has been interesting around here.. but I'll get to that in another post. For now, a garden update. This update should solidify in the minds of 2.5 said readers that, when it comes to gardening, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Here are our beans!! Look at them grow!

Pumpkins!!


See all the plants sprouting in the outer circle? Those would be squash.


Umm... more squash..

You've got it, this is a squash, too. Grow little guy, grow!

Hey, did you guys know that you're supposed to have about 3 squash plants per section of garden. Let me check. Yep, we've got a few more than 3. Hmm. A big goal of this week is to thin out the plants and transplant to another area that has been cleared. I love seeing all the lovely plants growing, and giggle at the silliness of it all!
As for dealing with the birds eating the sprouts.. we made a trip to Lowe's and purchased some deer netting and put it over the entire garden. It's working like a charm!!

1 comments:

alex&stacey said...

I am one of said 2.5 people (incidentally I think I qualify as the 1.5 person but whatever)...and I kept checking and checking...so relieved you hadn't abandoned said blog world entirely for the far greater loveliness of gardening...I might have. Anyway, I love seeing it all grow too and long for the day when I can do more than be thankful the landscapers pulled the weeds out of the rocks...until then, keep the pictures coming!