Friday, October 24, 2008

Do everything without complaining....

Philippians 2:14 has been on my mind a lot lately. I'm wondering how to make it through the next, approximate, 7 weeks without complaining about:
  • Feet, or some other body part, in my ribs.
  • How often I drop things and how hard it is to pick it up.
  • All this peeing.
  • The little guy using my bladder as a punching bag.
  • Not sleeping well.
  • Fatigue.
  • My heart rate issue when I workout.
  • Having to give up walks at Berg Park and the chance to feed my ducky friends that comes with.
  • The eager anticipation of this little person's arrival.

I really am stoked about meeting Baby Hayes (and finally settling on a name for the kid). Sometimes I feel like when I am telling Jeremiah, for the millionth time that my hands, feet, or upper belly area (weird) are falling asleep, or whatever the current ailment is, that I am not doing a very good job of savoring the moment. I am surprised to find that (gasp!) I don't really enjoy being pregnant.

Perhaps I should think about those feet in my ribs meaning that he is growing big and strong. And use the sleepless nights as a chance to prepare myself for the sleepless nights to come. How much sweeter they will be when the little guy is actually in my arms!!

Sigh, in hindsight these last weeks will be only a moment.

0 comments: